How does Vi-one Chlorhexidine 0.2% Mouthwash work?
Chlorhexidine (CHX) is a cationic molecule which helps it bind to bacterial cell wall containing negative charge, and killing it by instability of bacterial cell membrane. The mechanism of action for fungi is very similar to bacteria.
- The effective blocking of salivary glycoproteins will reduce formation of acquired pellicle
- Reduced ability of bacteria for binding to tooth surface
Why use Vi-one Chlorhexidine 0.2% Mouthwash?
Vi-one Chlorhexidine 0.2% Mouthwash is alcohol free. Moreover, this mouthwash contains xylitol. Xylitol is harmless sweetener and helps to prevent tooth decay with:
- Not being fermented by bacterial plaque
- Stimulation of Saliva secretion
- Neutralization of plaque
- Strengthening remineralization of enamel